Medical Equipment Loan Closet
Available to Mason County seniors.
Our loan closet provides walkers, wheelchairs, raised toilet seats, commodes, canes, bath benches, transfer seats, and other durable medical equipment. The suggested donation for use is $5.00.
Elder Law Specialist
- Wills and Trust
- Medicaid Planning and Applications
- VA Aid & Attendance Planning and Applications
- Analysis of Option for Long-term Care
- Health Care Power of Attorney
- Financial Power of Attorney
- A specialist is available every third Monday by appointment only.
Michigan Medicaid/Medicare Assistance Program
Volunteer counselors are available by appointment. A MMAP counselor can assist with:
- Understanding doctor bills, hospital bills, and Medicare summary notices
- Understanding Medicare/Medicaid eligibility, enrollment, and coverage
- Identifying resources for prescription drug assistance
- Medicare supplemental insurance questions
Open enrollment appointments are offered by appointment October 19 - December 4, 2020.
Diabetes Support Group
The Diabetes Support Group meets on second and fourth Wednesdays at 2:00 PM.
This program is currently offered on our Facebook page.
Homestead Property Tax Credit/Home Heating Credit Preparation Services
For Mason County seniors starting in February, by appointment.
What Is The Cost of COVID-19? Support Group (Starting April 29. 2021 @ 6:30 PM.)
Join us starting April 29, 2021. This is a monthly confidential, educative support group to begin to process the losses, deaths, and transitions related to the costly impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. There is no doubt in our minds and hearts that this has been and still is a challenging time to be alive. Facilitators, Laura J. Ruhle, CT and Dennis B. Bromley, FLE.